Monday, May 10, 2010

Tool Time Chicks


Tools, tools and more tools! What's two girls to do? Use them or lose them! A bit of history on why so many tools.

I have to confess, I love to buy tools. I know my tools :>) and I am lucky enough to know how to use them. With pleasure I handed this knowledge down to my daughter. I told her if you can fix it yourself then do it. If not, then you hire it done.

When we moved from the store last fall I had a room full of tools, many leftover from x-husband. Oh good gosh, what to do with all that stuff? Pack it, move it and go through it later.

Later came this past week. I had tools stuffed everywhere. In a closet that I couldn't get in, in boxes, in the basement, in the garage, in the shed, in drawers. I was becoming unglued.

Okay, project coming on, let's sort tools! No house needs a dozen hammers! I didn't need 5 levels, I sure didn't need 10 tape measures...get the picture here?

We started by pulling the surface tools that we could see. I'd carry the tools to the kitchen, central location and darling daughter started sorting, and sorted and sorted and sorted. OH MY GOODNESS! What was I going to do with all these tools? Light bulbs going off! Let's take the excess tools to the "coop" booth I have, afterall, men love tools!

So, for a whole day we sorted, kept one or maybe two of each tool and priced the rest. Thursday we started to load up this really neat old shelf in our one "coop booth" and BOOM...men...lots of men...flocking like geese to the booth! Whoo hoo! We were making money right in front of my eyes!

Wait, did I price the tools to cheap? They were flying out of the booth, the shelf looked empty! Wait, I want my tools back, not. We priced them to sell and it was working!

I fretted for days wondering how our booth looked and silly me signed up to work half a day Sunday. Guess you could say I was excited to see if any more tools sold since Thursday. Daughter and I had prepared ourselves for the worse though, empty tool shelf. So, we sorted MORE tools! Yeppers, we sorted out more boxes of tools on Saturday to take in Sunday.

When we arrived at the "coop" yesterday I was anxious to check the books. I was flabbergasted! We sold tool after tool after tool! Thanks guys, you helped clean my closet and now I have you searching for more tools in my booth...hehehhehe...your hooked, admit it. I have the BEST tools and best part is, I priced them right and I have more!

4 comments:

Lisa McDonald said...

Debbie ~

That's fantastic!

oliviapaige said...

Wow Debbie, what a great idea! Glad you were able to move them out. Now you have room for "more tools!"

Carolee Crafts said...

You have tools, I have fabric but I am afraid DH would have to drag me kicking and screaming to get rid of any but just think now you can buy more as you have the room to fill, lol

Mary Patterson said...

How great was that - I'm proud of you! I know the men loved it and so did their wives, because they actually agreed to come back the NEXT time!
Smart, smart smart...on your part!
Mary P
http://MarysCottageTreasures.com/

Post a Comment