Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Lady Lamp



My darling daughter repurposed this old lamp we found for $4.00. We found the shade at a thrift store for $10. We went to JoAnn fabrics last week purchased yards of pink tulle to make a new dress. My intention was to list this for sale...but...when I seen the finished product I just didn't have the heart to give it up!

Jessica (darling daughter)worked hours on hand-stitching the new dress...it has layer after layer of pink tulle to fluff it up, just like an old prom dress. She added a few flowers and topped it off with that pretty floral shade...and off to my bedroom it went.

2 comments:

gail said...

Hi Debbie, WOW I love this lamp. You DD did a great job, so looks ready for the prom for sure! I love seeing your treasures! You have the best stuff. LOL
Happy creating, gail

Kath' said...

Debbie, I love love love the lamp. I love going around finding great deals to sale. I love shopping so much that I do it for my store as well. But, I just have to learn to stop keeping everything like you. I wouldnt give that lamp up either. I make lots of decorated boxes so I would love to get ahold of those in that attic. hee hee Kath'

Post a Comment