
Yesterday after I ran a few errands, I decided to stop at the local thrift shop on my way home. When my daughter and I drove up to the store she told me to look at the table in the window.
Oh my goodness! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! A French Provincial table and chairs? I was hoping it wasn't sold. I got in the store faster than superman and went over to the table and chair set. I looked at the price and said, "no way", the table with six chairs and a leaf for $50!
My heart did flip-flops as I asked the clerk if it was sold. Nope, just put it out. Oh, it was my lucky day! I bought it and put it in my SUV and drove it home!
I set it up in the dining room today. I have to recover the seats and I will paint it this spring even though I do like the color of the chairs and the table top actually goes well with my primitive items.
Overall, I did good. I had just seen a set like this in a magazine and told my daughter I wanted one like it and *poof, there it was!
I have a tole lamp hanging that is too small for the table, I'm going to have to go to the attic for my wedding cake crystal chandlier and darling daughter will hang it. She's so talented :>)
I love toleware as you can see just one of my many trays. The one in the picture is on a pillar, I have the other pillar in the living room (seen in photo on mmp avatar).
If you squint you see a one of a kind weathervane in front of the pillar in the corner. Many years ago a local man hand carved and hand made many items. He signed and numbered each item he made. This is one of his pieces of work. I'm lucky enough to have three of his pieces. Several are in our local museum and I have seen some sell on ebay. His work brings really good money when you find it.
Okay, I have enjoyed sharing this story with you...until my next story...have a wonderful day!
6 comments:
Debbie
What an awesome find, it's gorgeous!
Lisa
http://www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com
You lucky girl!!! That set is just beautiful! We just don't find those kind of deals around here.
Vera
Wow what a great deal! I'm excited too because I have the exact same dining room set! I found mine last year at an estate sale for $125 which I thought was the best deal ever! But you really snagged a bargain! I have been thinking of painting mine an antique white so this gives me an idea what it would look like. What color are you going to paint your set?
Hi Dianne, I'm thinking of painting it a warm white. I kind of like the top dark as it matches my primitive items...but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'll be sure to post update pictures when I get it all finished!
You are so lucky! I love great buy stories like this! The set looks really charming and I can't believe it's $50?? Amazing!
Pei Li
Hi Debbie,,, I love seeing your new treasures! You are the ultimate antique seeker! :)
Have a very pretty week. I hope it warms up a little for you.
(()) gail
Post a Comment